I am helping a colleague here to spread the word for a company looking for a Regional Validator. Here is the information.
The Regional Validator is responsible for providing in-country review of localized documentation and related materials. They will work with the Globalization Team to provide feedback during the localization process. They must be Swedish native speakers and have strong English languages skills. This is a Full-Time position starting with 4 month duration with the possibility to extend.
The Validator must be able to work in the local retail location as necessary; otherwise, they can work remotely. (Stockholm, Sweden)
• Read documents in target language and identify potential issues in term of readability, terminology and grammar, literal translations, etc. Re-write and edit when needed.
• Solve pending mechanical localization issues.
• Identify potential cultural localization issues and escalate to Globalization team.
• Provide corrections feedback to Globalization team before updating content in WorldServer.
• Post content on RetailMe.
• Support Facilitators with any editing issues.
• Interact with vendor validators to obtain editing and linguistic support.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Editing experience, experience in localization, passion for details, interest in learning different systems’ different systems’ interfaces.
• Native Speaker of local language and English required. Certification of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or similar certification is a plus.
• Apple Hardware, especially Mac is required. Apple retail experience is a plus.
Location: Sweden (remote)
If interested, feel free to provide an updated cv or contact me for more information.