Tips and benefits for exporting your business and/or product to Scandinavia.
There are many reasons to export your product, especially for a new business to the Scandinavian Market. There are several reasons Scandinavia is a great place to export, one being their ability to retain strong relationships with their business ties around the world, along with their English speaking background.
Business owners want to market what they are selling and essentially sell their product, whatever that may be. Scandinavia is an ideal starting point, having a stable economy and their democratic and rational slant on life, not to mention their wholesome friendly nature! All these contribute to building positive business relationships with the Scandinavians.
Scandinavia includes the countries of Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Finland. Although Scandinavia is comprised of small countries, they have no issues pulling their own weight in international trade.
- Scandinavians aren’t into the flashy expensive look like many other countries are. The Scandinavians appreciate humble attire. Status and symbols of wealth are not important to Nordic people.
- Come prepared, do your research and know what you want to say with well written plans of execution. Disregard emotion and present your plan straight forward and to the point.
- Know, before hand, what you want your market to look like and who you want to essentially sell your product to. Do research on demographics and the differences of the Scandinavian countries.
- Negotiate before arguing. Scandinavians like a conversational negotiation rather than interrupting arguments throughout the given time period.
- Consider cultural differences before entering the market. Know how to sell yourself in the market you are interested in, especially with the difference of culture.
- Make your business relationship a priority. It is important to send emails and post cards throughout the year to build strong business relationships.
- It is important to have a good translator if you need one. Disputes can become costly and unnecessary if you aren’t prepared with someone who knows technological differences in the country
Considering these tips will help your business and product grow in an ever changing economy. Swedish Translation Services brings techniques and tools to start the process on exporting your business to new markets in Scandinavia, providing help with marketing info, reaching the customer, website content and overall pleasant and smooth interactions.